Monday, April 21, 2014

Green World

My favorite color is green, which is derived from the Old English and Middle English word, "grene," having the same root as the words, "grass" and "grow." The color is associated with life, growth, vivacity, and nature, as well as rebirth and immortality. Green is also a calm, grounded, and tolerant color, yet youthful at the same time. On the flip side, green is the color of envy and jealousy, and serpents and villains are often portrayed as green in color. Of course, green is also associated with money and wealth. We relate forward action with the color green (a green light at an intersection). My birthstone is green (peridot).

Today I took a walk, surrounded by my favorite color. Everywhere I looked was green, green from the rain. I began to capture everything in my favorite color, and now I have a plethora of little memories, little frames:



Extra Reading:
Daniel Hjorth: I love Hjorth's project about young ice swimmers from Denmark. The kids he photographs are as young as seven, and submerge themselves in water that is as low as negative two degrees. Hjorth captures the kids' expressions directly after they come out of the water (after about ten to fifteen seconds of being under). Their skin is so bright, their expressions raw. 












2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awe :) thanks! It makes me happy that they make you happy! :)

      Delete