Tuesday, April 8, 2014

On My Way

Today I had oral surgery because my gums had been receding for almost four years! I learned to eat mostly with my front teeth during those years, to avoid pain from my exposed nerve endings. In two weeks, I will be able to chew food again; I'll be able to bite into a big, red, and juicy strawberry without wincing! Ha ha. Lucky me! :)
In order to get to my surgery on time, I had to wake up way earlier than I usually do, and I got to enjoy the early morning sunshine. Before I was completely sedated, I managed to grab these shots:
 Seven suns:
Going their different ways:
For good luck, I wore two necklaces and a ring. The charm necklace is from my best friend; the charm represents a warrior, a fighter. The note in a bottle necklace was given to me by my mom. On the piece of paper inside the bottle, it says, "Trust Your Gut." The turquoise ring was my mom's when she was a little girl. Wearing these pieces of jewelry made me feel strong. I think everyone needs a little reminder of their strength at any given time. 
Now I have new gums, and I am very excited! No more pain, no more eating everything with my front teeth! I hope you all had a very enjoyable and sunny day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment