Sunday, May 4, 2014

Filthy Feet

Usually I wear slippers around the house, but today I neglected them to be nude in my bare feet. The reason I wear house slippers most of the time is because I know my feet will get filthy otherwise, and I only like my feet to be dirty when I'm adventuring in the great outdoors (or at outdoor school, in a yurt, a lodge, a tent... you get the idea). On the rare instances that I do let go of my slippers for the day, my feet turn black as tar. They got especially dirty today. I made many trips from the linoleum in the kitchen to the dirty concrete in the garage, preparing paper mâché hats that I am making for Cinco de Mayo (woohoo, so excited!!!). The best part about having dirty feet is washing them at the end of the day, until they're squeaky clean, and then immersing them in warmth, under a thick blanket. Ahhh.

Before I washed, though, I took a few still lives:


Extra Reading:
Shlomi Nissim: Fascinated by the horrors of war and violence in today's culture, Nissim makes art that in contrast, suggests purity, and that alludes to ancient culture. Nissim also takes cues from cinema and painting, and his photographs have classical subject matter and a modern aesthetic. The colors and expression in Nissim's photographs are absolutely beautiful and incredible. Go poke around on his site! 



No comments:

Post a Comment