Thursday, June 5, 2014

Frankly...

My friend had to finish a photography project today, so we went to Franklin High School to take some photographs. Going into a high school is always funny. I went into the bathroom, and there were girls staring at themselves in the mirror, fixing their makeup instead of being in class; there were girls cursing about their moms, and when I came out of the bathroom, I looked at them all. They all looked like babies. Babies saying "fuck her, fuck her, fuck my mom." It is not offensive to me, only strange to see their little pudgy faces saying these things. It is comical, and yet, I have to remind myself that I am only a couple years older than them. But any excuse to laugh, give it to me.

Extra Reading:
E.E. McCollum: McCollum began his photographic career in the 70s, where he learned about traditional practices in film photography. For a long time, he was happy taking photographs that he perceived to be beautiful, but after his friend was diagnosed with a terminal illness, McCollum began looking deeply at his subjects, creating more dynamic work. I love his series of the human cocoons. 

2 comments:

  1. Sofia, I am so glad I discovered your blog. You pare down your words and the photos to the essentials. I appreciate seeing the world through your eyes.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a great compliment, and I appreciate it very much. :)

      Delete