Monday, April 28, 2014

Feeling Small

I went to the waterfront today and laid down on the edge of a concrete planter to look up at the amazing, expansive sky. It was all light blue, the clouds only in my periphery. The sky has always amazed me immensely--it makes me feel incredibly small. When I look up into the universe, I feel as if I know close to nothing, or rather, that everything I think I know is only that: something I think I know but can never be sure of. The universe is the only thing that has the answers, the big wide universe, our amazing and mysterious home. That beautiful light blue sky, it makes me realize how small I am, and how many questions I have that will never and could never be answered. I sat there staring for minutes, gazing up in awe, knowing that I am tiny, but protected by this giant universe I call home.

Here are some different views of the sky:

Extra Reading:
Jon Wyatt: If you'd like to see some other beautiful skyscapes (and a lot more breathtaking landscape imagery for that matter), check out Wyatt's work!

2 comments: