Monday, April 28, 2014

Leprechauning

One of my favorite parts about being home during sunny days is when I walk up the stairs and see rainbows blazing all over the walls, the curtains, and the door. The sun shines through the glass chandelier we have, projecting groups of color in little spasms, all over the stairway and above. As the minutes pass, the shapes change with the sunshine, the spasms morphing into even more interesting groups and clusters. Each sunny day that I'm home and I walk up the stairs in the early evenings, I have the pleasure of enjoying this magical sight. Even though I know the little rainbows are only caused by light refraction, I prefer to imagine myself as a leprechaun who just hit the rainbow jackpot (leading to fat stacks in my pocket, ya know!!).


Extra Reading:
Thoughtful Spot: Here is someone else's blogpost about these little rainbows.
Kumi Yamashita: My best friend's boyfriend sent me a link to Yamashita's work (thank you, Cedric!). She is not a photographer, but her work is amazing. In one project, she takes blocks and organizes them in a perfect form that causes a face to emerge in shadow when a light is shined on the blocks. Yamashita does the same thing with post-it notes and cut paper. The magic she creates is absolutely amazing, enough to boggle just about anyone's mind. Please go take a look!

Thanks for reading, everybody! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment