Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seeing Double

There is a fine line between double exposures that are interesting and double exposures that are cheesy. I made some today that I thought were interesting, and I hope you think so, too:
Vertebrae:
Nature's Kiss:
Barking Man:
Spitting Flowers:
Laying in the Grass:
I love pairing images of naked skin with images of plants because they are similar in many ways. Naked skin is the only clothing we are born with, while the plants that surround us in nature are what our world was born with--no infrastructure, just the Earth, the soil, the plants. This might sound hippy-dippy, but I think there is such an extraordinary beauty in exploring the shapes and forms of what we were naturally given. These double exposure photographs allow human skin and living Earth to be synonymous; for a moment, they can take you away from today's distracting world.




No comments:

Post a Comment