Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day again to you all!

This is my beautiful mother:


My mom is generous, funny, lovely, smart, intuitive, tenacious, strong, loyal, cool, fun, nurturing, clever, and creative. She has been a wonderful role model to me. Everywhere I go, people tell me how much they love my mother, and that is because she gives infinite love to the world. I love my mom so much, and I know that she'll always be a strong force in my life.

Today was a pretty mellow day, but I did take a crazy Kundalini yoga class with my mom. The class was on a DVD, so we got to do it in the comfort of our living room, which was good because it was unlike any other yoga class I had ever taken! At one point, the Sikh who taught it told us to place our left hand on our hearts and our right hand in the air. She said to make sure that we had the right hands in the right places, because if we did not, it could cause a heart attack. Then, toward the end of the practice, the teacher explained an exercise and then said, "Do it right, because if you don't, you won't get anything out of the whole practice!" Needless to say, my experience doing Kundalini today was intense and a bit frightening! 

I also walked home in the morning, and these are a few photographs from that walk:


Extra Reading:
Jessica (@paperlemon): In honor of Mother's Day, I want to promote Jessica's Instagram feed. Jessica is a mother who photographs her kids doing everything under the sun, from enjoying trips to Disneyland, to having sleepovers, to having tea near the ocean. Her photographs are light and dreamy, and beautiful. Go check her out and follow her!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment