Monday, May 12, 2014

Pushed to the Limits!

Canvassing is the most physically exhausting job I've ever done: my throat is sore, my feet hurt, my back is stiff. Each day, I walk miles around the city, saying the same thing over and over, trying to get people to sign for my cause. The first day, I was incredibly nervous, but now I am beginning to catch my pace, and sometimes it is even...fun! You learn very quickly that criticism and/or rejection is simply no big deal. It's also rewarding to be able to enjoy the sunshine all day! And I really don't feel the need to exercise when I come home... ha ha. I am taxed, but it feels good to be that exhausted sometimes.

Here I am at the end of a long day:

Version One:
 Version Two (I'm there, I swear):
 Version Three:

And here are some iPhone photos of the beautiful city that I passed by as I worked:
I collect photographs of personalized license plates:
 I like this one because I call my best friend Bubba. Good thing she's not the Bubba that has to rest in peace!:
 Hawaii 5-0:
 It's that time of year again! People are beginning to move their living rooms out to the front yard:

You can follow me on Instagram: @sofotografic

Extra Reading:
Kirsty Mitchell: Mitchell, who grew up in the English countryside, has always had a great appreciation for storytelling. One of her favorite parts of childhood was when her mom would read her stories and act out each character and their specific voices. In college, Mitchell studied art history, photography, and costume for performance. She also interned for Alexander McQeen and Hussein Chalayan, who are incredibly inspirational in the fashion world and beyond. After her mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor, Mitchell began to lose herself in photography and self-portraiture; she began creating scenes from the memories she had of her mother and the stories she used to tell. Mitchell's photography is magical and other-worldly, and her story makes her work that much more inspirational.

I hope you all had a great day! See you tomorrow!

1 comment: